Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Things Have Changed

Every conversation I’ve had hasn’t been one to point out my hypocrisies. My same friend Dan said that I have changed since I have gone to and returned from Portland. His reasons to back this statement up weren’t entirely clear, but I was somewhat disappointed by my immediate disappointment in such a statement.

Why would I take offense at such a statement? I certainly hope I’ve changed. To be one boring consistent human being until the day I die is one of the things I hope to fight against so long as I am consciously thinking. And while he didn’t mean it as a compliment, I don’t know why I didn’t take it as such immediately. In the future, I would hope that I would react a little more appropriately.

3 comments:

Talkin_Proud said...

Eh, you're no more or less gay than before.

D. Thomas Magee said...

he's the 'town drunk', i would take everything he says with a bottle of grain alcohol.

naitrey said...

Yes, but is it a different kind of gay?